101 Orchard Park Dr.
Greenville, SC 29615
Maps and store hours
||Browse Our Site
||Search our Site
Custom Club Fitting
Many of our staff have completed specialized fitting courses and seminars
sponsored by major fit experts like Ping, Mizuno, Tour Edge, TaylorMade and Callaway
to name a few. We can help your game by fitting the correct club to your swing.
For the golfer wanting an extra edge, custom clubfitting may be just what
you're looking for. However, custom fitting is beneficial only if the golfer
produces the same swing the majority of the time. If changes are made to a
manufacturer's standard specs in order to suit the golfer's current swing, then
the golfer may expect positive results, as long as the swing is consistent 70% of
Also, golfers looking for a custom fit should examine the quality that
separates one company from the next. Some smaller 'club-fitting' companies offer
less expensive brands. Be sure to determine which club you are getting the best
performance out of. Try the club before making the purchase. Remember that the
club fitter doesn't have to play your golf clubs. You do! So, try the recommended,
spec adjusted club before you purchase it.
At Farrell's, these are the areas that we will cover to determine not just a custom fit,
but the right fit for your game!
- Current handicap and/or scoring average
- Average distance with a 5 iron and driver
- Normal ball flight and pattern
- Normal divot pattern (Toe or Heel depth & direction in relation to the target)
- Frequency of play per week or month
- Current make and model of existing clubs
- Strengths with old set
- Weaknesses with old set
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? Short & Long term?
- What will it take (beyond purchasing new clubs) to improve your enjoyment of the game?
- Any recent swing changes? Lessons?
Physical Measurements; (The Static Fit)
- Wrist-to-floor measurement
- size of hand
Each manufacturer has a prescribed way to statically fit their golf
equipment. See the professionals at Farrell's to determine where your
static measurements fit with your favorite brand.
- Physical grip checkpoints
- Does a different size or texture grip change the way you swing?
- Preference and satisfaction level with current length. Satisfactory distance and accuracy?
- Overall weight preference
- Graphite or steel shafts
- Distance and accuracy goals
- Physical limitations
- Determine shaft preference by flex, usually gauged by the amount of club head speed generated with a five iron and a driver. See Farrell's for manufacturers preferred shaft fits. Too stiff a shaft may result in loss of valuable distance while too flexible a shaft results in lack of control.
- Try different shaft flexes to determine the value of a good hit and a bad hit. Know how the shaft is supposed to perform when you hit the ball solidly.
- Any differences to trajectory or distance?
- Lie tape dynamic fit test. Place tape on flange of the club and strike a ball on a deflection board to see where the golf club is at impact, not at address. Many golfers think their correct lie at determined at setup. It is not! Get the correct fit at impact, not at setup!
- The Impressions should consistently be located in the center of the golf club. This will tell you if you have the correct lie. If your impressions are predominately on the toe, you need a more upright golf club. If Impressions are located on the heel, you need a flatter club.
State of the Art Fitting Tools
Vector Launch Monitor
The Vector Launch Monitor is the most precise launch monitor on the market.
It improves your golf game by taking the guesswork out of club and ball fitting.
Vector measures ball speed, vertical angle, backspin, sidespin and side angle of
every shot. Data from the monitor increases our knowledge of your swing, which
we can use to pinpoint the proper equipment that will significantly improve
Full Swing Simulator
The latest in golf technology providing real-time info on ball speed, ball flgith, launch angle, carry distance and total distance, all on a high-definition screen. Come experience the ultimate in custom fitting technology.
Callaway Fitting System
Callaway's Fitting Solution is the easiest way to custom fit your Callaway Golf
clubs, and much more than just a cart full of irons. A Farrell's professional
uses Callaway's proprietary clubfitting software to interface directly with a
radar launch monitor. This fitting experience measures your clubhead speed,
post-impact ball speed, and impact efficiency. The numbers are paired with
ball flight observations by our fit professional, then computed to generate
your custom specifications. It's the ultimate in high-tech fitting, and it
allows you to find the ideal Callaway club model, loft, shaft type, flex,
length, lie, and grip size for your game.
About Us |
May 24, 2013
Give the gift of golf. Farrell's Golf Headquarters now offers gift cards online. Our online gift card program will allow you to purchase our gift cards from our website in a safe, easy and convenient environment!
[more about online gift cards]